Saturday, December 15, 2012

2012 Top 12 Autographs

Like last year, I decided to make a post of my top autographs from the year. Originally I wanted to do a top 10, but even that was too hard to narrow down names to. Anyways, without further adieu, here we go!

#12 National Baseball Hall of Famer, Ryne Sandberg
 Ryne Sandberg

This one is very interesting because last year, Ryne was my #1! I had a great year though and some guys weren't even on the list that would have been my #1 last year.

I had no struggles with Ryne like I did last year, and it was just a really fun season of graphing him.

Baseball Hall of Famers are fun to get, because their Hall of Fame is by far the most exclusive.



11) Dick Vitale
This was a pretty tough, but fun one to get. ESPN was in town for the Syracuse game, so that meant Dickie V, one of the most famous sports personalities would be coming through. After the game I saw him leave and had to sprint to the back of the arena where his car was waiting. He kept saying things in his famous Dickie V voice such as, "It's freezing out here, are you guys crazayyyy?" It was truly a great experience.

He smudged my photo really badly, but the experience was something I will never forget.


10) Michael Bolton
I was able to get the Grammy Winning singer at the Traveler's Pro Am this year. He was actually very nice, but his agent/publicist type person kept trying to get him to stop signing. I think if he didn't have her there he would have signed for anyone. I was lucky enough to get the last one before he stopped.

I was unprepared for him, so I only got him on this terrible item, but still cool nonetheless.


9) Jose Canseco 
Well this one sure was an adventure, it is safe to say that this was my toughest baseball autograph to get this season. Anybody who follows baseball knows hoe Jose is, and he certainly isn't the most pleasant guy to encounter. 

Jose has also appeared on the "Celebrity Apprentice", and written a couple of books.

Jose played for a portion of 2012 in Worcester which is an independent league team. To put in a little age perspective, he is almost 30 years older than Bryce Harper.



8) Elizabeth Beisel
Elizabeth rose to fame this summer, when  she won a silver medal at the Olympics. She is from New England, more specifically Rhode Island. I love U.S. Swimming in the Olympics, so this was a cool autograph for me.


Photobucket


 7) Paul Molitor
Paul Molitor
This was a fairly easy graph, given that Molitor is a Hall of Famer. Baseball Hall of Famers are probably my favorite graphs to get, and Molitor was a great addition to that list. I got him after a rain out, outside of the clubhouse in New Britain where he was working for a few days. He works in the Twins organization, and often travels to their farm teams.

6) Bubba Watson
This was another Travelers Championship graph, and by far my hardest one there. There were hundreds of people trying to get him off the 9th hole, and I was in a prime spot on the barrier. After getting him, I couldn't move for a number of minutes, that's how many people were pushing.

Bubba won the 2012 Masters in sudden death.



5) Laura Ling
Laura came to my University to give a lecture about her time being held captive in North Korea. It was a very emotional presentation, and this was one of my all time favorite graphs because her story is so amazing. She was the first female I ever got an autograph as well.





4) Dan Rather
Dan Rather
This was another lecture at my university, and such a wonderful experience. Mr. Rather is one of the greatest reporters ever, and he was such a nice man. Dan has had a role in reporting many of the world's most significant events over many decades.

Photobucket


 3) Donald Glover
Donald Glover
This was a crazy night, but in the end it was worth it. Donald was very nice, especially for the amount of people that ended up waiting for him. I have heard that since I met him, he has become much less accommodating, which is unfortunate, but makes my success even crazier.

Donald is on the tv show Community, has had a comedy special on Comedy Central, and has started a successful rap career.


 

2) Kenan Thompson
Kenan Thompson
 This one was so fun. Kenan is probably the most recognizable person I have ever gotten. Kenan rose to fame on his show Kenan and Kel back in the day, along with tons of movies. He has been on Saturday Night Live for over 10 years, becoming one of the longest tenured members ever.



1) Ray Allen
It is clear why Ray is number 1. Not only is he my favorite basketball player ever, but he is the 3 point king, and won a championship with my Celtics. This was another VERY tough graph, and Ray is known as one of the worst signers in sports.



                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment