Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Laura Ling

Last night, Laura Ling visited my university to lecture about her time held in captivity in North Korea, as well as her work in general. I found the lecture very interesting, and it seemed to hold everyones' attention very well. I suppose what I found most interesting, was how easy it seemed for her to tell such an emotional/scary story.

After the lecture, I met Laura and got her book signed. She was very sincere and engaging with the people who wanted to meet her. She asked me a few questions such as if I was a student, and what my major was.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I am happy that I got to meet her.





It was nice to go to event seeing as how I'm kind of stuck in between basketball and baseball season right now!
Total Autographs for 2012:115


If you don't know who Laura Ling is, watch this interview by CBS:




1 comment: