Monday, June 11, 2012

The Jose Canseco Project 6/11/12

I have been wanting for weeks to head up to Worcester to see the infamous, Jose Canseco. It is well known that Canseco has a very bad attitude, and is even a little crazy about certain things. Tonight was not easy at all, but in the end, I walked out happy.

This was a double header, so I wasn't sure if he would stay for both games, but he indeed appeared in both.

Attempt #1:I walked into the stadium, and Jose was warming up down the line. When he was finished, I politely asked him to sign(I was literally the only person trying at this point). He said,"After the game."

As I was walking away, this I suppose 25-30 year old guy stopped me and said,"I got 3 cards signed earlier, would you like one?" I found this to be very generous from a stranger. I thanked him and went and watched game 1.

 Attempt #2: As Worcester was walking off the field I tried to get Jose to sign again, but this time he ignored me.

Attempt #3: I wandered outside and waited outside their "clubhouse" which is basically a trailer for him to come out. After about 5 minutes or so of waiting, a man came up to me and explained to me that I couldn't be there. I tried to talk him into it but he didn't seem to have any of it. He was polite though. He was asking how I got out there like I breached Fort Knox or something though.

Attempt #4: After game 2 warm ups, I again asked Jose to sign and got,"AFTER THE GAME!"

Attempt #5 After the game, I sneaked back to the club house and asked Jose to sign as he went off the field. He said,"When I come out."

Success: Jose, maybe 10-15 minutes later came out, and said,"Okay let's go." And signed my 2 Sports Illustrateds.


This made for a longgggg and annoying night, but in the end I got what I went for.

 Total Autographs For 2012:363

No comments:

Post a Comment