Saturday, June 23, 2012

PawSox Legends Night 6/22/12

This was an interesting night from the start, because a few minutes after I got to the stadium, it started to absolutely pour.

I did get this on my way up the stairs though:
That was legendary New England sports writer, Bob Ryan, he is retiring after the olympics, so I was happy to see him. He was in town for the unveiling of Ben Mondor's statue.

When I got into the actual seating area, I saw Ryan Lavarnway just outside the dugout, and I figured this would be my chance if I were going to get him this year.

For those who are new readers, Ryan has changed for the worse this year. Last year he was incredibly nice, and humble. Now he is the polar opposite.:
Then a little bit later, I went to get a spot in line for the signing.

I got Rico Petrocelli to sign this bat that I've had for a while:
I got Lou Merloni to sign a ball for my collection, I already had Rico on a ball from 5 or 6 years ago.

I really miss hearing Lou on WEEI's " The Big Show", but greatly enjoy his new program "Mut and Merloni".


The game went 13 innings and ended after 12 so I called it a night.

Total Autographs for 2012:438

No comments:

Post a Comment