Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pawtucket Vs. Gwinnett 6/12/12

Yesterday I went over to McCoy again to try and get Mark Prior and Daniel Bard. I hadn't had any luck at night with either, so I figured my best shot was to get them going in.

Mark Prior was one of the first players to show up, and he was very nice as I had heard. He signed 1/2 cards, which is not a big deal, but there were only 4 of us.

 Daniel Bard was one of the last players in, but he is one of the more interesting guys that I got so I will talk about this encounter now.

"Daniel can you please sign?"
"Didn't I get all of you guys yesterday?"
"I've never gotten you(truth)."

He then came over and did 1 per. None of the 4 that were there, including me, were there the previous day...

 Next up was Gerald Perry, I'm finally done with cards for him(for now):
Another surprise yesterday was that Lars Anderson was actually NICE, any other day he is the biggest jerk you could ever meet:
Another weird encounter was with Clay Mortenson. He definitely remembers me at this point and I couldn't tell if he was joking around with us or being serious that he knew us:
 I added Doug Mathis to my team ball, which now has 19 players:
 I once again got Alex Wilson, who has been really nice this season:


Tony Thomas signed my team setter from last season:
The last Pawtucket guy from yesterday was Che-Hsuan Lin:
Off Gwinnett's bus, I was able to land former Oriole great,Felix Pie
As well as Jose Constanza who has played last year, as well as this year for the Braves, batting .291 in the majors:
This was the first time I had ever used,"signature cards" they are a nice alternative to use if you have nothing for a player.

I came back to hang my board before the game and did pretty well:
From top to bottom I got:
Jamie Dismuke
Lance Zawadski
Buddy Carlyle
Josh Wilson
Tyler Pastornicky
Jose Constanza
Jose Lugo

As I was pulling up my board, I felt a tug, and looked down, and Luis Durango had attached this to it:
 It was funny because when I pulled it up he looked up and made sure I liked it, he's a pretty nice guy.

Total Autographs at this game:24
Total Autographs for 2012:387

No comments:

Post a Comment