Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am

I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning to go to the event I had been waiting for over the last few months. I had never gone to a golf tournament, but I wanted to give it a try since I am a golf fan, and there were some interesting celebrities to graph as well.

I decided that in this entry, I will not go in order of when I got guys, but just go from the bad stuff to the great stuff.

For players that I did not have a photo for, I just used the autograph cards I had. I got an assortment of guys on those, most notably:

Hunter Mahan:
Lucas Glover:
2010 Open Champion, Louis Oosthuizen:
I got a lot of programs signed, they were free, and a nice item to get done.

Uconn Men's Associate H.C. George Blainey and Women's Associate H.C. Chris Dailey:

Bo Van Pelt, Fredrik Jacobson:

Rory Sabbatini:
2011 PGA Champion, Keegan Bradley, very nice guy:
2009 PGA Champion, Y.E. Yang:
ESPN Legend, Chris Berman:
And now for the nicest items, the photos!

"The Voice" season 1 winner, and CT native, Javier Colon:


Once again, Keegan Bradley:
He never looked up so it was incredibly easy to dip:

Padraig Harrington:
I went for the dip and he wouldn't do it.

Hunter Mahan again:


WWE Legend, Booker T!

Booker was probably one of the nicest people there, he really liked the photo.

2X Grammy Winner, Michael Bolton. His manager kept telling him to stop, but he signed for like 10 people when I got him, I wish I got him on something nicer but I just planned to get him last night:
Louis Oosthuizen:
Basketball Hall of Famer, and Uconn coaching legend, Geno Auriemma, his counterpart Calhoun dropped out of the tournament so he was a no show. I got him to add the HOF inscription on the first one:

Sunday's U.S. Open Champion, Webb Simpson:

And now for the best stuff. I had jussst missed Doug Flutie when he was coming out and leaving practice, but I was able to get him during the round:
Flutie was really, really great today about signing, I was worried that I just was unlucky, but I was glad that I was able to land him coming off the green on 9.

Two words... Bubba Watson. To say that EVERYBODY wanted him at the tournament would be a drastic understatement. He had said early in the day, that he would sign off of the last hole, and he was not lying. Hundreds of people pushed to get him(I had gotten a great spot against the rail, about 45 minutes before he would be leaving. He skipped around A lot, but did sign a lot, and when he came over to me I was so happy:


To give you a sense of how crazy it was, I couldn't move at all for 10 minutes after I got him
I was interviewed by NBCCT and was on the 11 a.m. news, so that was cool.

In other news, Bill Murray made a complete ass out of himself towards people.

I did get very close to Ray Allen, but he didn't sign yet this week, he's tough as it is, never mind with the injury.

Total Autographs at the Event:43
Total Autographs for 2012:434

No comments:

Post a Comment