Sunday, April 22, 2012

4/22/2012 New Britain Vs. New Hampshire(Hall of Famer Paul Molitor)

My original plan going into the weekend was to go over to Pawtucket today, however New England was a complete wash out. I then heard that Paul Molitor would be in New Britain, and I just couldn't pass on meeting another Hall of Famer.

I got a cheap ticket and went inside to see if anybody would be outside or in the dugout during the rain delay. The game was very shortly postponed, and I went looking for the clubhouse door(This was only my 3rd time in New Britain ever). I found it, and waited until players started coming out. I got 7 guys on this team sheet:
1) Aaron Hicks
2)Deibinson Romero
3)David Bromberg
4)Daniel Turpen
5) Pedro Florimon
6) Luke French
7) Steve Hirschfeld

After about 20 minutes or so, after all the players had left, I was waiting patiently hoping that Molitor would come out. I saw the door open, he looked right over at me, and signed a ball for my buddy and I. I asked him to take a picture with me, but he said,"I think I'm going to run for today, but I'll be here for a few days so just come back."

I was happy enough getting another Hall of Famer to sign, and he was pretty nice. This wraps up a pretty good weekend for me.
Total Autographs for 2012: 155

No comments:

Post a Comment