Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/24/12 Pawtucket Vs. Empire State Yankees

I went over to Pawtucket after school yesterday as I had a lot of Yankees stuff to get done. To say the Yankees are a bad signing team would be a huge understatement as I only got 3 guys, only one being someone I had a card for. I don't know what the deal was, but maybe they are all grumpy because they are playing their entire season on the road.

I really wanted to get Manny Delcarmen, but he only signed for 2-3 people and left, simply bad luck so no big deal. All of the big prospects didn't really sign, maybe 1 here or there but not that I can remember.

I did get Kevin Russo:
Apparently he is 1 per, I had 6 cards...

The only other Yankees I got were Nelson Figueroa, and Steve Pearce:

 The PawSox were pretty decent signing wise, barring a few disappointments.

Rich Hill and Mark Melancon both came out at I believe the same time. I think they are staying together, I got Hill to sign(he's always been a really nice guy, pretty friendly) but Melancon seemed to be in a rush, a bunch of people got him and I was the very next one to get him, but he said he had to go. Not that I'm upset over not getting Melancon, but he would have been my 90th Red Sox.


Andrew Miller also didn't sign, he was an absolute signing machine last year though so no big deal, I just wanted him on my team ball.

I did get slugger Mauro Gomez, for the first time:
 Rich Hill as mentioned from earlier on my team ball, along with Aaron Cook, and Tony Thomas who signed as usual:

Former MLB Pitcher, Bob Tewksbury, now works as a sports phychologist for the Red Sox and was in attendance for tonight's game, I decided to get him on a ball because I had never met him, and he played in the league for over 10 years:
I decided to end the entry with Will Middlebrooks, because he is just putting on a show that really, I've never seen before. I thought Ryan Lavarnway was doing this last season, but Middlebrooks is even trumping that. He is THE best player in minor league baseball right now, and he is a really nice kid. He signed as always:

Total Autographs for 2012:165

No comments:

Post a Comment