Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mailbag/ New Twitter theme

So lately I have been thinking about creating a new kind of  "feature" for the blog, to make up for spots of more than 4-5 days when I can't get any graphing in. I thought it would be interesting to turn to Twitter for readers to ask questions/ my opinions on certain things autograph/sports related, hell I'll even talk about politics if you want.

I am going to offer this as a way for people to ask my opinion, or even for advice about autographs, or what my plans are for the near future.

With that said, I have 2 questions that were asked to me:


1) Who are you most looking forward to seeing/ getting this season?


Going into this season, I had a few major goals.
1) Get Bryce Harper, given the opportunity.
2)Get a nicer Ryne Sandberg item than last year's "sharpie ball".
3)Get as many of the Red Sox top 10 prospects as possible.

Every year I also have the more broad goal to add to my "Red Sox player collection". Currently I am up to 89 different players who have played for the Red Sox, which can be seen here:

I have already completed goal number 2 on the list, and I have 4 of the current top 10 prospects.(I use this list): 
www.soxprospects.com


2) How are the NHL playoffs in your opinion this year so far?

I have a number of opinions about the playoffs so far, which have quite a wide range.

1) I love the intensity as always, everyone knows I love baseball more than any sport, but man nothing beats the intensity of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. But with that intensity has come some extremely poor acts of sportsmanship/ cheap shots. Obviously being a Bruins fan, the first thing that comes to mind is how Nicholas Backstrom had the late hit behind the goal, that lead to his 1 game suspension. Come on, I understand the pressure gets to guys, but when the game is ending you don't intenionally lay cheap shots on guys. He got what he deserved.

The second shot that pissed me off was Raffi Torres' hit on Hossa. That was about as cheap as it gets, and it injured a significant player. It reminds me a lot of the hit on Horton in last years' playoffs. I haven't heard if any discipline has been handed out yet, but I'm sure it will come.


Another opinion I have about the playoffs is that it is fantastic that Los Angeles is killing Vancouver. Not because I hate those bastards, but because it is great for the league. How often does an 8 seed ever even have a remote chance of beating a 1? It has never happened, and I think it is GREAT for the league that it will probably happen. It is exciting, and it is always nice to see a "cinderella story" in sports.



If anyone ever wants to ask me a question, you can reach me on here through comment, or certianly on Twitter at @gbaseball_93


No comments:

Post a Comment