Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pawtucket Vs. Buffalo Day 2 4/6/12

I headed back to Pawtucket after work last night, because Thursday was pretty disappointing autograph wise. I did a little better tonight, as I put in more time, and the players were friendlier.

As soon as the game ended, it wasn't 5 minutes until Aaron Cook came out. My guess is that he was charting. Aaron has a May 1st call up clause in his contract, so if the Sox don't call him up by then he can be granted his release. He has been around quite a bit, he pitched in the 2007 World Series for the Rockies. He is a cool guy, and signs whatever you have. I got him in my media guide as well as a ball, because he will be on the Sox as soon as something goes wrong in the rotation/bullpen:

I added 3 more guys to my team ball last night as well, Daniel Nava:
Clayton Mortenson, who nearly made the Sox as well:

Will Middlebrooks, who is probably going to be the next Red Sox third baseman:

I also got the Mets' 4th top prospect, Jeurys Famila, who was really nice, he was talking to somebody that he knew for a good half hour before the bus left, and came over for everyone. He did side panel everyone's' ball, but no big deal:


Finally, I was able to get 1986 World Series Champion Wally Backman, who is now the manager of Buffalo, he has some really crazy rants on youtube, but he is a nice guy:

Once again, unfortunately I wasn't able to get Matt Harvey.

I was planning on going up for Ryne Sandberg today, but since it's their first time through this year it will probably be really crowded so I'm not sure if I want to.

Total Autographs for 2012:128

No comments:

Post a Comment