Friday, April 20, 2012

4/20/2012 Jon Lester & Felix Doubront

The numbers were certainly not in my favor going into tonight.

1)I had to work to 7:30
2)I work at least 35-40 minutes from Mohegan Sun
3)They would be handing out bracelets to the event at 8:30
4)Only 200 bracelets would be given out

When I arrived at Mohegan, there was quite a line forming, but I realized that I was probably in the top 100 people so I felt good about my chances. I ended up getting my bracelet at probably 8:45-9:00, which guaranteed(so they said) meeting the players. I hoped for the best, and waited.

For the first time ever at a signing I have been to, the players showed up EARLY. Only 5-6 minutes, but people who go to signings know that players are generally late.

The security was being very strict about the no outside items policy to my surprise, but I didn't care because I had never met Lester.

Of course, I have met Felix Doubront a number of times, but not since he has been in the rotation.

The photos they gave out were pretty nice, and my dad had asked me if he could come so I was able to get 2 of each. Lester was personalizing for older people it seemed, but I kind of just stayed quiet, and he didn't personalize mine.

Photobucket
Photobucket




I am really happy with how this went, Mohegan ran it really well, and I will be going back for future signings. There was also a professional photographer taking pictures of everyone, I'll have to look out for those.


Total Autographs for 2012:140

No comments:

Post a Comment