Thursday, April 26, 2012

Twitter Mailbag 4/26/12

Who would you say has ever been the rudest to you while trying to get their autograph?


When I saw this question, I cracked a smile because I knew exactly where I would go with this. As a collector, you have to get used to players/celebrities saying no, but on one occasion a player was overly rude about it.

That player?
Lars Anderson.

I have forgotten bits and pieces of the conversation, but the dialogue went something like this.


Another Collector: "Lars can you please sign?"
Lars: "How many have I signed for you?"

He then went on and signed it angrily.

(Lars then turns to me)
"What about you? How many have I signed for you?"

Me:"Just a couple."

Lars: "How would you guys feel if I came into your work and asked you for more than one autograph?" He then continues on this rant for a period of time.

He the turns to this mentally disabled gentleman and gives him attitude(not knowing he was mentally disabled).

When the gentleman went to respond, Lars realized what he had done, and the look on his face was priceless. He deserved the embarrassment.

Lars has always had quite the attitude, so I wasn't surprised that all of this occured, but I guess karma hit him when the last part happened. He still has an attitude, and he is one player I don't exactly wish the best for. In the past I have asked him things as simple as signing in blue and he threw the black marker down.

Other than Lars, I haven't really had rude encounters with players, just some attitudes. Thanks for the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment