Sunday, April 8, 2012

4/7/12 Pawtucket Vs. Lehigh Valley

If some of my regular readers remember, I talk about how difficult it was for me to get Ryne Sandberg last season. I think I went 1 for 5, and it took until the playoffs until I finally landed him. This is somewhat odd because he is a nice guy, and overall a pretty solid signer.

Anyways, I was headed to Providence for a little while anyway, so I decided to head over to the stadium for after the double header. I got there in the top of the 7th(last inning in double headers in the minors), and got my place to wait for him. It took Lehigh Valley much longer to come out than usual, I'm sure they took their time because it wasn't very late.


A few minutes before the bus left, Mr. Sandberg walked out and came right over to sign. I think I was probably around the 5th or 6th person to get him, no more than 10th. He even added the Hall of Fame inscription without me asking. My buddy also got a ball done for me, so after one night, I have double the Sandberg autographs that it took me over 6 months last season to get.




After Sandberg went on the bus, I was able to get last year's Phillies #1 Prospect, Domonic Brown. Brown has already played for the Phillies in 2010 and 2011, and he is a very good right field prospect.:
I wasn't able to get Philippe Aumont, he would have signed, he just didn't hear me. He racked for people.

Believe it or not, I did not get a SINGLE Pawtucket autograph, I think that is a first in the 7 years I have been graphing here.

The quantity was not there last night for me, but the quality more than was, so I left happy.

The PawSox are headed on the road after Monday I believe, so I won't be up there for a while, but I may find somewhere else depending on the schedules.

Total Autographs for 2012:131

No comments:

Post a Comment