Monday, May 14, 2012

Pawtucket Vs. Columbus 5/14/12

Today was pretty much just short of an autograph disaster. I originally had planned to attend this game, but going into last night, it appeared that it was definitely going to rain. Because of this I set my alarm to 7, and looked online at the weather, and it was still calling for at least a 50% chance of rain. I then went back to sleep not planning to go, and then when I woke up at 11, to my surprise there was virtually no chance of rain which was frustrating. I would have went hours before to do pre game, but I ended up getting there in the bottom of the first.

On top of that, during the game I realized that in my rushing out of the house, I had forgotten my book with my cards in it. Luckily, I had a team sheet, and a media guide, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

After the game, I went outside and there were only 3 other collectors there, I was thinking, "Man everyone will sign today."

5-10 minutes later, about 30 screaming kids come over and go to the end of the line and all of us just looked down in disappointment. I love kids don't get me wrong, but what player is going to stop when kids are yelling and pushing, and have no idea who they are even asking for.

Anyways I ended up not being shut out, as I got 8 Columbus players somehow:
1)Chad Huffman
2)Scott Barnes
3)Corey Kluber
4)Russ Canzler
5)Beau Mills
6)Hector Ambriz
7)Eric Berger
8)Ezequiel Carrera

The only Pawtucket guy that I got today was Pedro Ciriaco:

Mark Melancon wouldn't do it again.

It was a rough day, I'll be in Baltimore next Monday and Tuesday so we will see how that goes.

Total Autographs  for 2012:246

No comments:

Post a Comment