Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rusty Wallace in my Back Yard(Almost)

So with NASCAR week in New England leading up to the big race on Sunday, appearances have been a big plus. I live right down the road from Thompson Speedway, where Rusty Wallace had been scheduled to make an appearance for months. I have literally grown up at this place, so it was very cool to have someone come in who is such an ambassador to the sport.

I had to work until 7:30 tonight, but my dad was headed to the track as usual so I gave him my photos I had bought a few weeks ago. The autograph signing was a lottery system, in which cards were handed out at the entrance, and if you had the correct color, you got an autograph. I told my dad to just get him talking, because it was announced as 1 per.. I told him to talk about his son, Steven, and he did not disappoint.

Rusty signed all 3 things no problem.

I got to the track right after the signing and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Shout out to my parents and the speedway for making this happen, I was worried that my photos would go to waste but it turned out well!



Total Autographs for 2012:504

2 comments:

  1. Nice successes Garrett! Thanks for remembering me.

    yanks39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! And not a problem!

    ReplyDelete