Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Britain Rock Cats Vs. Altoona Curve 8/3/12(The Gerrit Cole Show)

I surprisingly never got to experience Strasburg or Harper mania, but yesterday was my shot to get the #1 Overall pick in the 2011 draft, Gerrit Cole. I had high hopes going in, and I was not disappointed. More on that later.

I did a New Britain team ball, just for fun, and I got 14 guys on it.
Chris Hermann
Shawn Roof
Bruce Pugh
Logan Darnell
Photobucket
Aaron Thompson
David Bromberg
Photobucket
Oswaldo Arcia
Photobucket
Chris Colabello
Matthew Hauser
Photobucket

B.J. Hermsen
Steven Hirschfeld
Dakota Watts
Aaron Thompson
Rene Tosoni
Photobucket

All of those were from the guys coming in, except for Tosoni, who was added inside.

I got star, Oswaldo Arcia on a ball:
Photobucket


I also got Aaron Hicks to sign 2 cards outside, and 2 inside:
Photobucket


Then for the big one, when the bus came Cole was towards the middle, I thought he would be more towards the front. He stopped to sign for everyone there, which was a sizable crowd. I was able to dip him but used my middle name on the dip to be safe. After this, he didn't sign at all for the rest of the day:

Photobucket
Photobucket


I stayed post game, but Cole didn't do it. I got 7 guys though:
Victor Black
Hunter Strickland
Mike Colla
-----------
Kyle Kaminska
Quincy Latimore
Evan Chambers
Photobucket


Autos at this game:28
Total Autographs for 2012:713

No comments:

Post a Comment