Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Scranton-Wilkes Barre 7/3/13 (My Crazy Night)

The sequence of events that lead to the end of last night was really just incredible. Game time was at 6:15, rather than the usual 7:05, so my dad and I were running slightly late. We have a flex general  admission season ticket pack, but because of the fireworks show and school being out, EVERY SINGLE ticket was sold out other than "standing room only", which doesn't allow you to get in until 6:30. Kinda pissed off, we remembered that there was a scalper(yes even in Pawtucket), a little way back, but when we got to him, he had just sold everything he had. We then pretty much thought our night there was over, and my dad had even asked if any of the other local teams were home. Then we both remembered that there was another scalper towards where we parked. He ended up giving us tickets that not only got us into the game, but the barbecue area as well.

Because we now had barbecue tickets, my dad asked me if we should just stay in the bleachers in center field, since they were close, and after we got our food the other seats would be filled anyway. I agreed because I always like sitting in the outfield there now anyway.

If you haven't heard, Will Middlebrooks who happens to be my favorite player, had 8 RBI, 2 Home Runs, and went 4-5. His second home run came with the bases loaded, and here is what happened.

He belted the ball to center field, it hit the top of the wall, and bounced right to me!

His night was featured on both NESN and SportsCenter, and you could see me in those clips

In this video, you can see me better in the replay about halfway through:




Will is a great signer, and I knew I would see him outside because it was getaway day, so I knew that ball would become an awesome addition to my collection.


 photo DSC01525_zps6dd3bc36.jpg
 photo Scan0116_zpsc4b36281.jpg
 photo Scan0115_zps231ca645.jpg



Like I said, it was getaway day, so every player had to get on the bus. Xander Bogaerts, and Jackie Bradley didn't sign, along with a few others.

I was able to get some more cards signed though.

Brock Holt:
 photo Scan0108_zps3cd364da.jpg
 photo Scan0109_zps5eee41c5.jpg


Mark Hamilton, who is having a very solid season for Pawtucket:


 photo Scan0112_zps191090a0.jpg

Former Red Sox, Drew Sutton:


 photo Scan0110_zps8023798a.jpg


Chris Hernandez:


 photo Scan0111_zps4e627a95.jpg

Dan Butler:



 photo Scan0113_zps6d2b9009.jpg

Michael Pineda was rehabbing for the Yankees, but he did not sign. I only got Brent Lillibridge for them:


 photo Scan0114_zps1f26d951.jpg

Total Autographs for 2013: 528

No comments:

Post a Comment