Thursday, July 11, 2013

Eastern League All Star Game 7/10/13

There is just something about the state of Connecticut and All Star Games. The last time the game was held in Connecticut, it actually got fogged out, and this time on the way over, driving through Hartford was pretty hell-ish to be honest because of some of the hardest rain I had ever seen.

When I got to the stadium, it had stopped raining for the time being, but it would go on to rain at different points throughout my 'graphing time inside which really limited what I could get.

The weather was not the only factor against me however. There was a signing at the Home Run Derby the night before, so I knew players would be burned out with signing, and also the crowd trying to get AA autographs was just insane.  I had also burned part of my arm this week at work pretty badly, so getting elbowed and weaving through the crowd wasn't on the top of my mind.


With all of that said, I did okay.

All of these were obtained before the game inside.

When Harrisburg was in town earlier this year, Brian Goodwin was stone cold. He was my main target that day, and he wouldn't even look at people. Luckily, last night, he signed coming in from the batting cage, and was the first autograph I obtained ( if you want to call it an autograph).


 photo image9_zpsacf8388d.jpg


I also got the Giants #4 prospect, Joe Panik, whom I met earlier this season. I have nothing but respect for this guy. He literally signed for a solid 20 minutes when he came in from the batting cage.

I got 5 items total (2 were for someone else):


 photo Scan0121_zps9faa6898.jpg
 photo Scan0122_zpsf28b1e09.jpg


Mets #14 Prospect, Cesar Puello, who was on the list for the Miami clinic with A-Rod and friends. I was shocked that these didn't smudge, as it was raining pretty hard when I got them:


 photo Scan0120_zps2611d9d7.jpg

Another Giants prospect, Andrew Susac:

 photo Scan0123_zps03f9e014.jpg

Allan Dykstra, and Caleb Joseph

 photo Scan0119_zps68c87362.jpg

Javier Herrera:

 photo Scan0118_zps61a121a0.jpg

Steven Souza Jr.

 photo Scan0117_zps1b9c6ca5.jpg


After the game was nearly impossible to get autographs because there were about 50-60 people all crowding the door. Jameson Taillon, who was the prize autograph of the event ran out, and I never got him. I just left because with the crowd it was pointless.

Total Autographs for 2013: 550

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on Goodwin! Do you think you'll graph Futures at Fenway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't think so, I'll have to work and I will see Portland again anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mystery autograph is Caleb Joseph

    ReplyDelete