Saturday, July 13, 2013

Former Presidential Candidate & Consumer Activist Ralph Nader 7/13/13

So many politicians nowadays do nothing once they get in office, or argue between parties so greatly that hardly anything really gets done. Ralph Nader however, throughout his career has helped the American people so much with things such  as car safety, and other consumer issues, so I was thrilled when I heard he was having a book signing in Connecticut.

The time for the signing was at the perfect time for me to go before work. If it were scheduled even a half hour later I wouldn't have been able to go, so I was very lucky.

Earlier this week I bought a copy of the TIME magazine from 1969 which he was on the cover of. At a lot of book signings they don't allow outside items, but I knew since this was in Connecticut it would be pretty low key, which I ended up being correct about.

The event itself was very nice. Ralph talked a lot about a vast array of issues, took tons of questions from the audience which was probably 60 or so strong. He seemed so passionate in his talk, and it was clear why he has been around for so long.

I was the second person to get to the table when the signing started, and he was very nice. He had no problem with signing the magazine, although he didn't switch pens. It ended up coming out nicely nonetheless.


TIME Magazine from December 12, 1969:
 photo DSC01641_zpsc37b789d.jpg


 photo DSC01642_zps9f07b0f7.jpg

 photo DSC01643_zps7d0b7410.jpg

 photo DSC01640_zps138a16f6.jpg

Total Autographs for 2013: 564


No comments:

Post a Comment