Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Connecticut Sun Vs. Tulsa Shock 7/2/13

I had wanted to go to Boston yesterday, but the forecast was calling for around a 60% chance of rain. Naturally, it didn't rain at all, but I had already decided to 'graph something indoors because Connecticut and Rhode Island didn't have great forecasts either.

Connecticut has a WNBA team at Mohegan Sun, which is fairly close to me, but I had never 'graphed it. I decided that since last year's NCAA star, Skylar Diggins was on the visiting team, I would try and meet her, as well as Candice Wiggins who herself is pretty good.

I was pretty surprised with how many people were 'graphing the hotel. Let's face it, the WNBA is VERY unpopular, but there were probably ten people there. 

Skylar was one of the first players down, along with Candice Wiggins, and once Skylar saw people, she turned around and took the underground tunnel to the arena. I was pretty mad, because she was pretty much the sole reason I went down there.

I was able to get one player at the hotel,

Riquna Williams from Miami:


 photo DSC01518_zpse14954a9.jpg

Inside before the game, I was able to get 2 very good Connecticut players.

Iziane Castro Marques from Brazil:



 photo DSC01522_zpsdf29524d.jpg

The big get from tonight was probably Uconn legend, and 2012 WNBA MVP, Tina Charles. I got her before the game at the tunnel, and at the same spot after the game. She signed with some guy's crap black Sharpie on one:


 photo DSC01519_zpse6750418.jpg
 photo DSC01520_zpsda523182.jpg


I was also able to meet Candice Wiggins from Stanford after the game. I was surprised she stopped, because she was running through the tunnel, stopped in place just for me, and that was right after a bad loss. I wish I could have added Skylar to the photo, but ohh well.


 photo DSC01523_zpsbaaf2fb1.jpg


Total Autographs for 2013: 514

No comments:

Post a Comment