Thursday, July 25, 2013

7/24/13 Part 2: CT Tigers Vs. Staten Island (Yankees)

After I left New Britain yesterday, I went home to pick up my dad, and immediately went down to Norwich to catch my second game of the day. We got there when the gates were opening, and I saw that the team sets were out so I picked up one of those.

Joe Flattery was signing in the team store, so I got him on a team sheet since he was not included in the set. He was very nice, and seemed shy. That isn't very uncommon in this league, since a lot of the kids are experiencing their first weeks in professional baseball. Going on with this note, it was such a huge difference even in my experience yesterday, although it has already become a very obvious thing, that the player interactions differ greatly from Short-season A ball to AA, and AAA.


 photo DSC01809_zpsba26b14c.jpg

The main target for the day was the Yankees' first round pick, Eric Jagielo. He was a really nice kid, and was drafted in June out of Notre Dame.


 photo DSC01808_zpsc2c9c9b9.jpg

I got a few random Yankees on a team sheet, but other than Jagielo, I didn't have a ton of interest in that side.

Andury Acevedo
Giovanny Gallegos
Kale Sumner
Yeicok Calderon
 photo DSC01810_zps1ae473b8.jpg

As always, I added a few Jonathon Crawford autos to the collection. If you are new to the blog, Crawford was the Tigers' 2013 1st round pick.

He was charting, which made things easy:


 photo DSC01806_zps78132312.jpg
 photo DSC01807_zps35382dd5.jpg

Before the game, I was able to put a dent in the team set. I probably would have gotten more, but Miss USA who apparently is from Connecticut was there, and the players were all hanging out with her.

Jonathon Crawford
Brett Harrison
Javier Azcona
Scott Sitz


 photo DSC01802_zpscd4b4a72.jpg

Raph Rhymes
Ben Verlander
Tyler Gibson
Hunter Scantling


 photo DSC01803_zps5077243f.jpg

Patrick Leyland
Mark Johnson
Mike Rabelo
Tanner Bailey


 photo DSC01804_zps8cea3b24.jpg

I had a bunch of Mike Rabelo cards left over from last season, so I had him finish those up. Mike had a big league career with a number of teams, and is now the hitting coach for the Tigers:


 photo DSC01805_zpse67f939d.jpg


Total Autographs at this game: 30
Total Autographs on 7/24: 82
Total Autographs for 2013: 684

2 comments:

  1. If you happen to get a Raph Rhymes on an LSU piece, I'd love to take it off your hands.

    ReplyDelete