Friday, February 1, 2013

Providence Vs. Uconn 1/31/13(+Former Celtic, Ryan Gomes)

Wow. This was seriously one of the best basketball games I have ever been to.  Uconn had a huge lead early, but ended up giving it up, however they won in overtime.

I also can't believe it has already been about a year since this entry: Providence Vs. Uconn 2/28/12

I felt no need to push for a lot of Uconn guys, because as the regular readers know, I see them a lot.

Early in the game, I realized former Friar, and Boston Celtic, Ryan Gomes was at the game, but security was on him like a hawk. I attempted to go down at halftime, but security had where I had to go  pretty well blocked off.

I headed down again in the 4th quarter, and had to wait a bit longer when the game went to overtime.

After the game, I got down to him, and he was VERY nice. I actually got his autograph twice, and a photo with him.

In case you're wondering,"How did you randomly have pictures of Ryan Gomes?" The answer is simple. I used a trick where you get photo paper signed by someone, and print the photo on top later. It's very simple to do, and I recommend it over using index cards to get random people.

With that said, as you can see in photo #2, make sure your printer has an adequate level of ink to do this.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Before the game, I got Uconn Associate Head Coach George Blainey, and Providence star, Bryce Cotton:

Photobucket

Afterwards, I got Shabazz Napier, and Deandre Daniels. I never like to say anything negative about athletes or anyone who signs for me on here, but I have loosely mentioned this before anyway. Shabazz is VERY different when he is around his family. I have never been denied when he knows his mom or girlfriend are watching, but if you catch him outside, good luck.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I also was able to get a photo with ESPN commentator, John Saunders, who I met at the last game. He is a really cool guy, always willing to stop for you.



Total Autographs for 2013:34
Top Autographs for 2013:
 1)Sonia Sotomayor 2)Jeff Bridges, 3)Chandler Jones,  4)Dick Groat 5)Ryan Gomes

No comments:

Post a Comment