Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Uconn Vs. Georgetown 2/27/13

I finished off the month of February tonight with a trip to Uconn to focus on Georgetown basketball. I have to say, I am disappointed after a 'graphing outing for the first time in a long time.

My main target was of course sure lottery draft pick, Otto Porter. When he came out, some people got him twice, and I didn't get him at all. I'm not going to complain about people getting two, but it sucks when you miss out on your biggest basketball target all year because people are getting two. Georgetown has a security guy who travels with them to push things along, and I was left out to dry even being the next one to get him. I guess I'll be more aggressive next time.

My first autograph of the night was from Jim Calhoun who came out very quickly. I tried to get 2, but he one per'ed which is obviously cool with me since he is a Hall of Famer.

I also got Omar Calhoun on 2 photos:

Photobucket
Photobucket  

Ryan Boatright was cool as always:


Kind of funny, he signed tonight in the EXACT spot where that photo was taken.


After him, I met John Saunders of ESPN for the 3rd time this month:

 I got some guys on Georgetown, the best one being Markel Starks:

Photobucket


Moses Ayegba:
And, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera:


To salvage my night, I was able to get legendary head coach, John Thompson III twice:

Photobucket

He was pretty nice, I thought he was going to call me out on the dip, but he didn't.


This is probably the last entry for basketball season, unless I go to something unexpected.

Total Autographs for 2013:86
 Top Autographs for 2013:
 1)Sonia Sotomayor 2)Branford Marsalis 3)Jeff Bridges, 4)Jim Calhoun,  5)John Thompson III

No comments:

Post a Comment