Thursday, February 21, 2013

Throwback Thursday #5 Clay Buchholz

Date:2009
Place:McCoy Stadium Pawtucket, RI
Setting:Parking Lot

Well, it's about that time of the week again. Throwback Thursday is here and this week features the very last time I met Clay Buchholz. Over his time in AAA, I probably met him 5-6 times(all of which coincidentally were after his MLB no hitter).

I miss how McCoy stadium used to be, where you could walk up to players outside, and nobody would care. Now security acts like they are protecting world class diamonds, and you "have to" stay behind the barricade.

Anyways, I mentioned that because this autograph was obtained at Clay Buchholz' car.
As far as I can remember, it was a day game, and there were a number of people getting autographs that day.

Clay by this point, often parked in what is known as "the cage" but would drive out the main entrance, so if you flagged him down and he wanted to sign, you could still get him. That is pretty much what happened on this day. I was really excited when he pulled down the window to his black BMW, and took the card from me. Apparently I still thought it was okay to use black sharpies, because that is what it was signed in, but it came out very nice.

I have seen Clay MANY times since, and have never been successful. Kind of crazy seeing how this year will make 6 years since this day.


Clay Buchholz

No comments:

Post a Comment