Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday #3 Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Date:August 6, 2010
Place:McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket, RI
Setting:Concourse, Team Poster/Autograph signing night

2010 was the first season in which I really became a " 'grapher". I had my license and a car for the first time, so I had a little more freedom in how much I could 'graph. Not that I hadn't gone to a lot of games in previous years, but with a new job and kind of just growing up, I could 'graph whenever.

So here we are, August 6,2010. My dad and I are on our way up to Pawtucket, or over I should say, and it starts POURING rain. We were actually stopped in traffic, and a lightning strike hit about 50 yards away. So the weather was certainly not ideal, which meant that the team autograph signing would be held on the concourse rather than on the field. McCoy's concourse isn't bad on a normal night, but it gets very packed during autograph signings if they are moved inside.(I think I have been to 3 of the indoors ones now).

Jarrod Saltalamacchia had recently been traded to Boston from Texas(literally a week before at the trade deadline), and sent down to AAA. For those who remember, he had been having some issues with throwing the ball back to the pitcher.

Nonetheless, I was excited because he was still a pretty big prospect, and he was expected to play in the majors again fairly soon.

Jarrod was really nice to us, I think he did 2 for each of us, so I got a ball and some other items.

Flashforward to this past season, and Jarrod had a monster year for the Sox, hitting 25 home runs.


 Does anyone else find it weird that he has the longest(literally) name in baseball, yet has such a short autograph?

No comments:

Post a Comment