Thursday, January 24, 2013

Throwback Thursday #2 Dustin Pedroia

Date:Summer 2006
Place:McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket, RI
Setting:Parking lot, after game

Whenever people ask me who my first autograph was, I usually tell them my Bob Stanley story because that is as far back as I can remember actually asking a specific person to sign something(I had gotten tons of autographs, but just as a child that didn't really know how to do it).

Anyways, it's summer 2006, after 7th grade(I think), and I had gone to McCoy for my first game there with some friends, because they used to give out ticket vouchers at school.

I remember really trying for Adam Stern that day, because he had made a stint with the Red Sox the previous season,  and as a kid that was really cool. Dustin was probably my next target, along with David Murphy.

Stern would go on to retirement a few years later, Murphy was traded to Texas and has become a solid role player, and of course Pedroia is the heart and soul of the Red Sox today.

I had gotten the team card set that day, so I got Dustin on that, along with a logo ball that as you can guess has diminished over time. The card is still in great shape however, and is one my my favorite all time pieces.

When you are 'graphing guys in the minor leagues, you can only hope that they really make it. Dustin sure made it and became, Rookie of the Year, MVP, a World Chamion, and has won several other awards.

(I will get a nicer image up tomorrow, since I am at school and only have images already saved to my system).
Dustin Pedroia

No comments:

Post a Comment