Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Academy Award Winner Jeff Bridges & Co-Author Bernie Glassman in NYC 1/8/13

Yesterday I had plans to take a trip with my girlfriend to New York City, and we decided a few days before leaving to see if any book signings were happening.

It turned out that Oscar winning actor, Jeff Bridges was going to be in Union Square promoting his new book.

The signing was scheduled for 7:00 PM, and I called the store(Barnes & Noble), probably around 3 something, and was told that there were already "quite a few" people in line. So we get there and there are probably 10 people in front of us. Apparently whoever answered the phone didn't really check, but either way we got there around 4:30, and TONS of people showed up after us.

The talk they gave was pretty funny, Bernie Glassman was more high than Willie Nelson and didn't seem to be coherent, but he was very funny.

The actual signing was like trying to penetrate Fort Knox. It was very well organized, but the publishers were CRAZY about no outside items. 

When I got up to the table, after Jeff signed my book, I said, "Sir, I'm a big fan can you please sign my photo too?"

His response was awesome, "Yeah just hide it from that lady, she's kind of crazy about this stuff."

She then saw the photo, and stuffed it into MY bag. Jeff proceeded to sign the photo while inside of my bag.

I will remember this sequence of events forever.

I feel like if the publisher is allowing people to get up to 6 books signed, then I should be able to get ONE photo. And I did :)


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

I captured a video of him getting on stage, it is from an iphone so quality is bad, just figured I would share:

                                       

Total Autographs for 2013:7
Top Autographs for 2013:1)Jeff Bridges 2)Bernie Glassman 3)Kahlil Dukes

1 comment: