Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Providence Vs. Pittsburgh 1/22/13

Last night I went to the Dunk again to watch the Pittsburgh Panthers. Pitt has a few good players, such as Tray Woodall and Steven Adams.

The game was very good, and Providence tried to make a late comeback, but fell a little short.

After the game I went over to the ESPN table, because John Saunders was doing the game for them:

One of Pittsburgh's radio personalities, Dick Groat, was the 1960 National League MVP. I was happy to add him to my collection:


Local guy, Al Skinner, who played for UMass, and coached at Boston College was also on hand:
Photobucket

I was able to get 4 Tray Woodall autographs in total, 2 before & 2 after. He also took a picture with me, but it didn't come out clear:

Photobucket

Adams would only do 1 each for everyone, I can't imagine how he will act in a few years. He did take a picture with me though:

Photobucket

I WAS able to get head coach, Jamie Dixon, but not without some issues. He had said he would sign on the way back from his press conference, and I had been waiting, but he came out of nowhere so I had to grab the first marker I could find in my pocket which was a silver rather than a blue. After he grabbed the marker, he signed the Adams photo, I said," Oh." He proceeded to say, "Ahh you wanted this(and signed the ticket)." 

I got him last year anyway, so no big deal.

Photobucket

Total Autographs for 2013:26
Top Autographs for 2013:
1)Sonia Sotomayor 2)Jeff Bridges, 3)Chandler Jones,  4)Dick Groat 5)Michael Carter Williams,

No comments:

Post a Comment