Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Syracuse 6/3/13

This will be a rather short entry, because I was only able to 'graph inside before the game. When I got inside, a few PawSox were having a bullpen session. I noticed that Allen Webster was one of them, and I had yet to get him on a ball, so I got him to stop when he was done throwing. He even asked me if I wanted it sweet spotted. I hope he gets another chance in Boston soon. He is very nice every time I see him, but elusive.


 photo 108_0275_zps6620e680.jpg


The main target of the day however was one of the Nationals Top Prospects, Anthony Rendon. He went out to play catch about an hour before the game, and when he came back in I asked him to sign. He ignored me until the last second, and then snapped, "NOT NOW, I HAVE TO GO GET READY FOR THE GAME. I'LL BE BACK OUT LATER."

Okay Anthony. Sorry you can't take 5 seconds to interact fans, more than an hour before the game. He went on to go 0-5.

A few guys on Syracuse did sign however.

Chris Marrero who is crushing it this year signed 2 for me:


 photo Scan0029-2_zpscf7663b7.jpg

Brian Jeroloman signed one:

 photo Scan0028-2_zps47cd363b.jpg


Brian Bocock signed 5:


 photo Scan0030-2_zpsf0827755.jpg
 photo 108_0274_zpsd6ba874a.jpg


That was it for the night. I wish I could say more about getting each player's autograph, but as many of you know about Pawtucket, there isn't much interaction due to the need to hang items. You just have to hope someone opens your binder. There are small tricks to get them to open it, but it is a big crap shoot.


Apparently Jim Rice was there today, but I never saw him.

Total Autographs for 2013: 294

No comments:

Post a Comment