Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Toledo (Tigers) 6/26/13

With having a day off and with Nick Castellanos and Alex Avila in town, I headed to Pawtucket to try for the stars of Toledo, as well as the multitude of Red Sox prospects who are now in Pawtucket. I could not make it for pre game, so my first attempts at autographs would be during batting practice, which at McCoy Stadium is always a crap shoot.

When I got to the stadium, the tarp was on the field which was obviously not good. When it was getting close to game time, I hung 2 pictures. One of Nick Castellanos, and Alex Avila. It was still sprinkling so I was the only one hanging items, so I figured my shots were good. Nick Castellanos, the Tigers top prospect, signed the picture I had, and when I pulled it up, there were no smudges, which was very lucky. Avila did not sign.

 photo Scan0099_zpsefdd474a.jpg


I also found out that the Pawtucket team set came out, which is unheard of at this time of the season for them. They usually release it in late July when over half of the team is already gone.

I was able to get a few of those new cards done:

Big pitching prospect Rubby De La Rosa signed one after the game in the stands for me:


 photo Scan0095_zps567ad574.jpg

I then got 3 lesser prospects, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Anthony Carter, and Justin Henry:


 photo Scan0098_zpsf79bc520.jpg
 photo Scan0096_zpscfc2bb65.jpg
 photo Scan0097_zps0a72b36a.jpg

Avila didn't sign after the game by the bus. There were just a ton of people. Castellanos did sign after, and because of admittedly my own disorganization last night, I had to put him on my team sheet:

I also got Jess Todd, Pat Misch, and Kevin Russo on the team sheet:
 photo Scan0100_zpsfa4c4d29.jpg


Total Autographs for 2013: 495

No comments:

Post a Comment