Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baltimore Vs. Boston 6/14/13 & 6/15/13

I once again took my annual trip down to Baltimore with my Dad and some of his friends from work to see the Red Sox in Baltimore. I need to preface this entry by saying, this isn't much of a 'graphing trip because of time restrictions, but last year I had a little success inside anyway, but this year was a different story.

Day 1:

I was one of the first people in, but there were so many season ticket holders already inside by the Red Sox dugout that I had very little opportunity. I did end up getting an amazing spot right at the entrance to the dugout, but this ended up not mattering at all, because the Red Sox literally signed ONE autograph during batting practice. If you're wondering, it was Will Middlebrooks for a little kid.

While disappointed, I knew I could salvage the 'graphing portion of my day by getting some Boog Powell items signed. The Orioles legend owns a barbecue stand (I guess you could call it), and is often sitting in front signing autographs.> I met him last year<, and was able to once again.

 photo Scan0056-1_zps81ba38cd.jpg
 photo Scan0057-1_zps19ee9f09.jpg
 photo Scan0055-1_zps577b61c8.jpg


The only Red Sox related person I met the entire trip was Nick Cafardo, who has recently done some games for NESN in Jerry Remy's absence:


 photo Scan0054-1_zpseb6c2527.jpg


We got to talk for a few minutes, which was cool.


After I saw Boog, another person on the trip told me that 3 NAVY football players were signing on the concourse nearby, so I got 2 posters done. One is pictured, zoomed in on the individual autographs. The players were, Matt Aiken, Obi Uzoma, and Cody Peterson:


 photo DSC01387_zpscf9166f3.jpg
 photo DSC01388_zpsd5026c0d.jpg


Day 2 was a complete wash. Once again, A SINGLE autograph was signed during batting practice, which was Jose Iglesias for a kid.


Autographs during this trip: 11
Total Autographs for 2013: 390

No comments:

Post a Comment