Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Charlotte II 6/5/13 (Will Middlebrooks)

This was my best baseball 'graphing day so far this season. While there were some weird interactions, which I will touch on, I got a very solid amount of items signed.

First, Red Sox Third Baseman, Will Middlebrooks was rehabbing again, and while I missed him last night, he did not disappoint today by any means. I was starting to worry that he got scratched from the line up because it was after 4 and he had still not came in, but soon after, he came in, signed a ball for me, and took a photo with me as well.

This is an auto heavy entry, so to keep things simple, I will group both times I met him together.

I also was able to get Will after the game, and he was again, extremely nice. This time, he signed 2 cards. When everyone had gotten something signed, I asked him to sign another ball, and he had absolutely no problem with that. This kid is such a class act.

 photo 110_0007_zps1a42b5b9.jpg
 photo Scan0043-1_zps0b268d92.jpg


Also outside before the game for Red Sox guys, I got:

Former Royal, Mitch Maier (really nice guy):

 photo 110_0010_zpsefa20dc1.jpg

Ryan Dent (yes again, and I still have more. I just don't like crushing guys too much):


 photo 110_0009_zpscc48da20.jpg

Alex Wilson, who was recently sent down from Boston signed 2/3:

 photo Scan0052-1_zpsb2b26b77.jpg


Alfredo Aceves seriously never goes without giving an interesting story for here. I only had this one card out, but my friend had a page open with various other players on it, and Aceves pointed at various cards and went ," I hate that guy. I hate that guy too." It was just really funny, and something that isn't exactly surprising coming from Aceves. Then again, what is?


 photo Scan0049-1_zps32b989cc.jpg

Rubby De La Rosa, one of the star pitching prospects also signed. I didn't have any cards, and I don't want to waste another baseball on his horrendous signature, so I just threw him on a ticket.


 photo Scan0053-1_zps0c1178c0.jpg


The second weird interaction I will talk about, is when I got manager,  Gary Disarcina to sign. It is pretty well known that he is a real, lets say unpleasant soul, and I learned that first time today.

Gary could you please sign?
"Didn't I get you yesterday?"
No, I wasn't here yesterday (you may remember I went yesterday, but only to the game. So he literally never saw me.
"You weren't here yesterday?"
Nope, I've actually never even met you(truth).
"GOOD!!!!!"

Whatever Gary. Seriously though, you can tell he just hates his job.


 photo 110_0011_zpsa65b6f42.jpg


I was able to get Allen Webster again inside. He was coming back in from the barbecue tent. He went to sign my ball with a Sharpie and I would have been really upset, because that would pretty much be a waste of a ball. He seemed mad when I asked him to use my pen, but ohh well.
 photo 110_0006_zpsf18e2cee.jpg



After the game, other than Middlebrooks, a nice surprise was seeing Ryan Lavarnway. Seeing him does not happen very much there:


 photo Scan0044-1_zps579a60a6.jpg


I did okay with Charlotte today as well. I got some guys which I missed yesterday which was cool.

Coaches:
Joel Skinner (I finished off my stuff from yesterday):

 photo Scan0050-1_zps02ee6bf8.jpg


I got Richard Dotson again after the game. He is a pretty hilarious guy. He joked around with us. He seems to Like Pawtucket/Providence, and doesn't mind signing by any means.

 photo Scan0046_zps8eee122d.jpg


Simon Castro signed off the bus. It was nice to get him, but my gosh, look at that signature:

 photo Scan0047-1_zps9d5bcf82.jpg


Carlos Sanchez who is a good prospect also signed off of the bus:


 photo Scan0048-1_zpsc8938e90.jpg


Bryan Anderson signed after batting practice:

 photo Scan0051-1_zpsce89e3ff.jpg

Brandon Short signed outside post game:


 photo Scan0045_zps554b0599.jpg


And finally..........  Mr. Lars Anderson. You may know how rude Lars is, or you may not. We have experienced it for years in the Sox system, but now that he has been with 4 organizations in less than a year, you would think he would become a little humble. Nope.

He came over when we calle dhim, but when he was done, he looked at my friend and said, "How many times have I signed for you" 10? 20? 40?

My friend responded honestly, mind you, "Probably more than I need."

Lars then snaps, "Oh so you're giving me some sarcastic answer?" Then stares us down.

Then he got on the bus and started complaining to his teammates.

Honestly the whole thing with Lars over the years is so ridiculous, it makes it worth asking him to sign to see what he will come out with. 

All he has to do is say no, but he feels the need to go farther than any other players.

Anyways, see you in the Independent leagues soon Lars.

One was pre game, one was post game:


 photo 110_0008_zps076421dc.jpg


Total Autographs at this game: 47
Total Autographs for 2013: 379

No comments:

Post a Comment