Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Goo Goo Dolls & Ryan Star 4/27/13

My school brought in the legendary Goo Goo Dolls, with opener Ryan Star for our Spring Concert. I had been anticipating this for months, and they did not disappoint signing wise. My school is about as easy as it gets 'graphing wise, so I just sat in the sun for a while. Ryan Star and his band showed up VERY early. Actually before I even woke up, but I caught them walking around.

Ryan was really cool, he asked me a lot about school, my major, etc.

Edit: After seeing the show, I have to say WOW! Ryan and his band are great, he can really sing. Their live sound is amazing!

Ryan Star:

 photo 108_0138_zps765d74ec.jpg
 photo 108_0137_zpsa365a249.jpg

His Band:

 photo 108_0136_zps9b0cdf63.jpg


The Goo Goo Dolls showed up maybe 2 hours later, and founding member Robby came off first. He was very nice, and was impressed with my collection. He genuinely seemed happy to see that someone had a variety of CD's which was pretty nice. He signed 10 CDs (One is not pictured).

Johnny, the lead singer, and other founding member, came off the bus about a half hour later, and was SO nice. He also signed all 10 Cds, and took a picture with me. Meeting Johnny was one of the coolest experiences I've had in a long time. I was telling my girlfriend on our way back that it was the happiest I had been in a while after getting some autographs.

 photo 108_0130_zps7640455d.jpg
 photo 108_0135_zps080f23f8.jpg

I got touring member, Brad Fernquist, on "Something for the Rest of Us", because that was the only album he did studio work on that I had with me. He was also really nice, and when he was walking up he joked, "You know I'm not Johnny right?" 
We shared a laugh, and I take it he gets called Johnny a lot by people because he sort of has some of the same features, but is bigger and looks older.

The concert was amazing, they actually played a number of new songs from their upcoming album, on top of the classics like "Iris", "Slide", & "Name".


Total Autographs Today: 26
Total Autographs for 2013: 185
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Johnny Rzeznik 4)Jim Rice 5)Jeff Bridges 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like an awesome concert with some awesome guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My son is translating this for me. You're so lucky and it's a great idea to post your experiences on this blog. You're teaching us how to go to a concert and get the most of it. Greetings from Venezuela! Thanks a lot!"

    "Good luck with your blog!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Estoy estudiando español en la universidad, así que hablo un poco. Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para leer esto.

      Delete
  3. "Thank you for allowing me to share the story. This band changed my life since the first time I met them. They're unforgettable!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué sorpresa Garrett! Te felicito, lo escribes y redactas muy bien el español.. Pasaba para saber de algún concierto.. Has ido a algún concierto de Pink?

    ReplyDelete