Friday, April 19, 2013

Rap Phenom Kendrick Lamar &Steve Aoki 4/19/13

Wow. Well as usual Uconn 'graphing gave me a hell of a story to tell you guys.

So I got to the campus at like 5:30, because I did NOT want to wait until after the show like some other times there. This time, the concert was in Gample Pavilion  the arena rather than Jorgensen so I knew going in it would be exponentially tougher than usual.

When I was walking around I first saw 2  identical buses  but quickly ruled them out as simply promotional buses  I walked around the arena, to an area I had only seen once before(when we were chasing for Dick Vitale). At this location, there were 3 large tour buses  I was quickly questioned by a woman rent a cop and was told to go away, and that I could not be back there. I walked away, and kept glancing over my shoulder only to see the woman peeking around the corner to make sure I made the entire 200 yard walk.

I decided to go back to my car to rethink my plan, and by this time it had started to drizzle, and the wind was terrible, which made my chances even worse.

On my way to the car, I saw the other act, Steve Aoki, who was nominated for a Grammy this year, walking around with his friends. He stopped no problem, was very nice, and gave me a super cool 'graph:
 photo 0419132139_zpsfa1869ce.jpg
After that, I went to my car, and listened to some of the Boston Crisis on the radio. With a new sense of energy after I heard the good news, I went back to the great spot I had before, and this time the scene was SO different. The security people were being super conversational with me, probably after realizing that it's not a huge deal to have ONE QUIET person waiting back there. 

At about 8:10(or so) Kendrick's manager, who I have heard really good things about in the past, came over to me, asked me if I was a big Kendrick fan, and said that Kendrick was busy on the bus(probably smoking a j), but I will not complain, and brought my two album panthlets onto the bus and had Kendrick sign them for me. While Kendrick does not have that great of a 'graph, this was still a pretty cool success



 photo image49_zps6b54d812.jpg

Here is an example of Steve Aoki's work on the mixing board:


Total Autographs for 2013:155
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Tommie Smith 4)Jim Rice 5)Jeff Bridges 



Just a note: I've been having a really hard time keeping a top 5 for the year, becasue frankly 90% of the stuff I have gotten this year would be #1's or #2's in years past. This is why I have been switching a few names back and forth. I can't believe that Kendrick won't make my top 5 with it only being April, but it has been a great year.

P.S. Boston is the best city!

No comments:

Post a Comment