Friday, April 26, 2013

3x Grammy Winner (2011 Best New Artist) Esperanza Spalding 4/25/13

This is by far the latest I have ever blogged, but I really wanted to get this entry up. I have an insane amount of work for school lately, but I found a pocket of time tonight to head to Uconn and meet a truly unique person and artist.

I really wanted to 'graph Esperanza, because she really isn't like any other artist out there. She is known for beating Justin Bieber and Drake for the Best New Artist Grammy in 2011, but she has done even much more than that. She won 2 Grammys earlier this year, and continues to make some of the most unique music in the world.

I showed up a little before the show and she was already in, so I hung around until after the show and went back to her bus. After waiting for a while, a very nice guy who was in her band I believe, told me that she would actually be signing inside at a table. I was disappointed that I had waited for so long, but was happy that I knew I could meet her at the same time. I went inside, and there was a line of maybe 75 people. I got in back, and was through in about 40 minutes. Esperanza was very personable towards her fans, talking to each one, and taking pictures with whoever wanted them. She was nice enough to sign an album for me, along with 3 photos.

I have had a lot of fun with Uconn's events in the theater this year, and I'm sad they are coming to an end, but next fall should bring some more surprises.
 photo 108_0125_zps21f083c2.jpg
 photo 108_0126_zps9fd15448.jpg
 photo 108_0127_zps95e20092.jpg
 photo 108_0128_zpsb6192277.jpg








Total Autographs for 2013:159
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Tommie Smith 4)Jim Rice 5)Jeff Bridges 

No comments:

Post a Comment