Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Britain Vs. Harrisburg 5/2/13 (Hall of Famer Paul Molitor)

Days like this make all of the waiting around/driving/everything in this hobby worth it. I had originally planned to go to Pawtucket today for Wil Myers, but at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to go to New Britain.

Going to New Britain also allowed me to finally take in an entire game of baseball. I talk about 'graphing a lot, but I really do enjoy watching baseball in general. I had been to New Britain and Pawtucket last month, but I wasn't able to actually watch a full game, so today was nice.

The game was very early today(10:30) because it was schools' day or something to that effect. Anyway, I didn't get there for the bus obviously, but I tried for Harrisburg during warm ups. All I have to say is that Brian Goodwin is a real piece of work. He wouldn't even look over, or anything. Just a really cold dude. My buddies said he wouldn't even look at them outside. I never wish badly on anyone, but I could absolutely care less what happens to his career now. He'll be begging for fans if he stays in AA for 4 years like half of the players out there. Sure he is a top prospect, but there is really no excuse to not even acknowledge someone.

P.S. He got ejected after being rung up, for flipping off the 3rd base umpire, and saying obscenities.

On New Britain, my two targets were big pitching prospects Trevor May, and Alex Meyer. Luckily for me, May was charting so I got him between innings. He is a quiet, but cool guy:

 photo 108_0150_zpsf9808946.jpg

Meyer came outside pretty quickly after the game, and he was as nice as can be. I asked him how he enjoyed his time at Kentucky, and he said he really liked it:

 photo 108_0151_zps8f342044.jpg

And then for the big surprise of the day. My friends told me shortly after I got there that Hall of Famer, Paul Molitor had been walking around. Paul is a roving instructor for the Twins organization, as you may have read on my blog last year:

I hadn't seen Molitor with my own eyes at all during the game, so I wasn't sure if he had left, but sure enough, he came out of the clubhouse  maybe a half hour after the game, and was even nicer than last season:


 photo 108_0149_zps27f04166.jpg

What a great day. I'm VERY happy that I changed my mind.

Total Autographs for 2013: 194
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Johnny Rzeznik  4)Paul Molitor 5)Jim Rice  


No comments:

Post a Comment