Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Gwinnett 5/15/13 (Jason Heyward, Jackie Bradley)

I had been planning to go to McCoy for the first time in a while tonight for quite some time, but when I heard Braves superstar Jason Heyward would be rehabbing I was very excited, and knew this could either be a great or horrible trip.

It had been rainy all day, so there was no batting practice, but although it was absolutely freezing out, it cleared up nicely. I hung a photo for Jason before the game (you have to hang anything you want signed inside McCoy Stadium, if I have never mentioned that, because the seating bowl sits on top of the dugouts. This makes McCoy one of the toughest stadiums in America to 'graph inside). He did not sign my photo inside, so I was slightly disappointed, but I knew I had another shot.

When I was hanging for Heyward, I noticed that the Red Sox #2 Prospect, and Opening Day outfielder, Jackie Bradley Jr. was on the field on the Pawtucket side, greeting some dignitaries. I ran over, and was lucky enough to toss a baseball down for him to sign. As you can see, his autograph has changed very much since >last season when I met him<   . I should mention everything is signed in blue, which is hard to see with the lighting in these photos.

 photo 108_0233_zps0ee484d3.jpg


That was all I ended up getting inside. 

After the game, I headed outside, and the first player I met was Brandon Snyder. I had no cards for him, so I just got him on a team sheet:

 photo 108_0234_zps770a6666.jpg

I also ended up getting former Red Sox pitcher, and hot head, Alfredo Aceves. Aceves became my 99th Red Sox I have met! I know I'm probably the only real collector that would get him on a ball, but as you guys know, I love getting Red Sox players of any kind on baseballs (unless they have played like less than x amount of games). I am kinda mad that he side paneled it though.

 photo 108_0232_zpsd7627b9b.jpg

The great part of postgame though, was meeting the Jay Hey kid, Jason Heyward. Jason was one of the last ones out of the clubhouse and I called his name twice. He didn't look over, but then he said, very nicely, "I'll be over in one minute." I think he put his bag on the bus, and then he came right over. He had no problem signing both a photo and a ball for me, and a ball for my dad, giving BEAUTIFUL signatures. This made my night.

The  photo looks much better in person. The sharpie did skip a bit, becasue it was almost freezing out. That was my bad for not testing it. I'm happy nonetheless though:



 photo 108_0236_zps2fc3b5ba.jpg


 photo 108_0230_zps3117d931.jpg

You can watch the entire encounter here. Sorry about all of the darkness, they shut off the lights very early tonight, and my camera doesn't have a light for videos.:





Anyway, thanks again for reading, and I hope you enjoyed everything. I rushed through a little bit because I will be on a train to NYC in less than 12 hours, 2 of which will be spent driving!

Total Autographs for 2013: 216
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Johnny Rzeznik  4)Paul Molitor 5)Jim Rice  




 photo 108_0213_zps6d527d1b.jpg
 photo 108_0214_zps29af3ae4.jpg
 photo 108_0219_zps23d0473f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment