Monday, May 20, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Indianapolis 5/20/13(Gerrit Cole, Jackie Bradley, Allen Webster)

This baseball season has been really strange. I have been to a few games, but have never really felt like it was in full effect until today. Maybe because I haven't had a chance to 'graph a lot of guys in one day, maybe  because I'm sick of AA players thinking they are Willie Mays( Harrisburg comes to mind).

Today was great though. 2011 #1 Draft Pick, Gerrit Cole, who > I met last year at a VERY crowded New Britain game was in town<, and while he was very personable last year, this year was an even better experience. When he showed up in a car with some teammates, he walked right over without anyone even asking, and he signed a ball, and my picture with him from last season. He gave an even more full signature, and didn't personalize like last year:


 photo 108_0246_zpsdeb89d89.jpg


As a little side goal for the day, I had gone in having met 99 different Red Sox players, and had a few different options to get #100.

Allen Webster seemed out of the question, because he gets to the stadium insanely early( have to love the work ethic though) and he often sneaks in and out. Luckily for me, he left for something, and came back. He came over and signed no problem, but only did 1/6 cards which I expected. But nonetheless, I had hit #100!

For whatever reason, the scanner makes this set look  really bad, but it is really quite a nice card!

 photo Scan0004_zps574e78ed.jpg


Red Sox pitcher, Franklin Morales came shortly after, but unfortunately it took the few of us there until the LAST second to recognize him, so I could not get my photo out in time:


 photo Scan0006_zpsc386d608.jpg


Another interesting success of the day came from Alfredo Aceves. As you may recall,>I met him last week<. When he came in today, he walked along the wall, between tightly parked cars rather than simply walking around the back of the cars. It's tough to explain, but it really made no sense. After he signed, he proceeded to attempt to squeeze inside a barrier, and ended up knocking it down. It was just a really funny sequence, and I heard he has been doing  strange things all week, but is a good signer:


 photo Scan0008_zps0081e2ba.jpg


I was also able to get #2 Prospect, Jackie Bradley Jr. again, and he was nice. I asked him for his long signature, but he either didn't hear me, or didn't care. He is still a very nice guy though:


 photo 108_0244_zpsa6419d02.jpg


Another exciting success was the Red Sox #5 Prospect Rubby De La Rosa. I had never met him, and he has been working closely with Pedro Martinez. He is a flamethrower!


 photo 108_0245_zps5e12de2a.jpg


Former big leaguer Mitch Maier was another first time 'graph for me, I didn't have anything, so I threw him on a ticket:

 photo Scan0011-3_zps518d01fa.jpg


Former A's hurler, Graham Godfrey, was yet another first time 'graph for me, and he seems like a really cool guy!

He said he had never seen the blue refractors:
 photo Scan0005_zpsfdf4f512.jpg


Pedro Beato showed up with a lot of friends and signed everything I had:

 photo Scan0003_zpsb7034cc2.jpg


All of the Pirates guys other than Cole, who I talked about earlier signed this team sheet:

 photo Scan0010-4_zpsa1e1ad06.jpg

From Top to Bottom, and then ranging Left to Right:
Former Oriole, Felix Pie
Ivan Dejesus, who actually went to the Sox in the huge Dodgers trade, but was then shipped to Pittsburgh.
Mike Zagurski
Darren Ford

Unfortunately, I had to leave before Jerry Sands and Alex Presley arrived.


I also did a team sheet for the Red Sox, which I got many players on:


 photo Scan0009_zpsf8263b83.jpg

Steven Wright
Terry Doyle
Drew Sutton
Mark Hamilton
Brock Holt
Brandon Snyder

Total Autographs At This Game: 27
Total Autographs for 2013: 246
 Top Autographs for 2013: 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Johnny Rzeznik  4) Jim Gaffigan 5)Paul Molitor   


No comments:

Post a Comment