Sunday, May 5, 2013

Throwback #7 Giants Star Pitcher Madison Bumgarner

Date: September 7th, 2009
Place: Dodd Stadium, Norwich, CT
Setting: Concourse, Sit down signing

Over the past few years, Madison Bumgarner has proven himself as one of the Giants best starting pitchers, and is even becoming one of the better pitchers in the National League.

I have never forgotten this success, because I actually met Madison, ONE DAY before he made his Major League debut. Tim Lincecum had been injured, and Madison made the jump from AA to the San Francisco rotation and I never saw him again.

I was 16 at the time, and I remember Madison being really nice. I actually got 2 things signed that day, as he was the chosen player to sign on the concourse (Norwich always sends one or two players to sign at a table).

I remember being shocked the next day when I heard his good news, not because he wasn't good enough to hit the majors, but because he was SO young at the time, and not many guys make the jump from AA to the MLB level.

This will always stand out as one of my favorite successes because of the fact that I met him the very day before his MLB debut.

I am at school, and this is the best image I could find:

 photo DSCN0227_zpsffcb3034.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment