Friday, November 2, 2012

Uconn Vs. American International 11/1/12

I did the Uconn Vs. AIC exhibition for the second year in a row tonight, and I didn't go home disappoointed.
Here is a link to LAST year's game:http://gbautographs.blogspot.com/2011/11/back-on-blog.html
Upon arriving to Gample Pavillion, a security worker informed me that the girls' basketball team would be signing autographs in a room inside the arena. This was pretty cool, because I had  never  graphed the girls, and many of the Uconn girls go on to play in the WNBA.

I ended up going through the short line twice, and I got 2 huge posters signed by the entire team.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




After the game, I was walking towards the door, when I saw former head coach, and legend, Jim Calhoun walking towards the locker room. I remembered where he parked in the past, and he came out after a little bit. He was very nice tonight; Not to say that he isn't nice, but he was more talkative than in the past.
I wasn't expecting to see him, so I got him on a ticket:

Photobucket

After I got Mr. Calhoun, I snuck my way back inside, more to get out of the cold than anything, and got a few guys. My main targets were Shabbazz Napier, and freshman Omar Calhoun, who had a hell of a first game, exhibition or not.

I was kicked out before Shabbazz came up, but I was able to get Brendan Allen on 3 photos(2 pictured, because I gave one to a friend:)

Photobucket

While I was getting him, Ryan Boatright came up, but I had left my other photos on a seat towards the other side, so I got him on my poster:

Photobucket

The last player I got was Omar Calhoun:
Photobucket
Photobucket



I left soon after this, because I had gotten the majority of what I needed, plus a few nice surprises.

Total Autographs at this game:31
Total Autographs for 2012:1090

No comments:

Post a Comment