Monday, November 19, 2012

Basketball Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament (Ohio State,Washington,Seton Hall, + Hall of Famers 11/17/12&11/18/12)

A few months back I won tickets to this tournament, which had 8 teams, the notables listed above in the title.

Day 1 was immensely better than day 2, mostly due to teams sitting in the stands watching other teams in the tournament.

After I got to the arena, I learned that there would be about 5 signings throughout the day on the concourse. This was both very exciting and somewhat disappointing, because I of course would have printed up 8x10s of all of the hall of famers.

I started off my day by meeting Hall of famers Artis Gilmore and Mel Daniels, meeting two hall of famers at once was really cool.

(Since I am at school, some photos are blurry, they will be fixed over Thanksgiving)
Like I said, I wish I had better items, but the pic with was cool anyway.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket 

To carry on with the Hall of Fame theme, later on I met Bob Hurley:


  Photobucket
Photobucket


Celtics Legend, Satch Sanders was also on hand, it was awesome to meet an 8x Champion.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Kara Lawson, of the Connecticut Sun was also there, she is also an Olympian so that was interesting:


Photobucket
Photobucket

In between all of these signings, I went to work with some of the teams in the tournament.

My main focus was Ohio State, and I got everyone who I wanted over the weekend, except for Deshawn Thomas.

I got Head Coach, Thad Matta 2 different times. 1 was after their game coming out to watch Washington, and 1 was at halftime of the Washington game when he was going back in.

             Photobucket
Photobucket

Former Duke player/Syracuse football player, Greg Paulus, is now a video coordinator at Ohio State. He told me he would sign after the game, and he did not disappoint. PhotobucketPhotobucket
Aaron Craft was very nice. He signed whatever people had:
Photobucket

I got 2 guys in a program(Evan Ravenel, and Alex Rogers)

Photobucket

I did a team sheet as well:

Photobucket
From Top to Bottom: Lenzelle Smith Jr, Sam Thompson, Evan Ravenel, Alex Rogers, LaQuinton Ross

I only tried for Washington on Day 1. Aziz denied me, but I was able to get C.J. Wilcox to stop:
Photobucket
Photobucket


I got Head Coach, Lorenzo Romar, during the Ohio State game in the tunnel:


Photobucket

On day 2, I only got 2 autographs.

First, I got former player-turned assistant coach, Shaheen Holloway:

Photobucket

Shortly after, I got Fuquan Edwin during warm ups:
Photobucket

All in all, for not graphing the hotel at all, and just from being at the arena, I had a successful first go at this event.

Total Autographs for 2012:1131

No comments:

Post a Comment