Sunday, January 22, 2012

1/22/12 "Red Sox Road Trip"

This weekend the Red Sox were sending  former and current players to various malls throughout New England. Originally I was going to go to Providence on Friday to get Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd, and Mike Aviles, but those plans changed and I ended up going to Marlboro, which is just as close anyway.

The event was supposed to be Rich Gedman and Mike Aviles, but Gedman didn't show up. That wasn't a problem though because he is a very good signer, and I got him last year at a game.

The event was set up pretty poorly, but I was there early enough that it made no difference.

Aviles was really cool; He talked to the fans a lot, and even asked my dad what was wrong with his wrist, which is wrapped up. He just seemed to appreciate the fans, and enjoyed being there. He also commented on how much he liked the card I brought, and how Billy Butler is one of his best friends.

Once again, I'm not sure when my next event will be, but with the way my year is going probably not too long.
Total Autographs For 2012:44

No comments:

Post a Comment