Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Providence Vs. Louisville 1/10/12

My first autographs of 2012 came tonight in Providence. Going into the game I thought Providence would "keep it close", but they ended up beating Louisville by about 30 points. I was really surprised, as Louisville has been ranked as high as 4th in the nation this year.

I had a conversation with head coach, Ed Cooley, before the game and told him, "Good Luck." He responded, "Oh we will need it.".....So much for needing it!

First, I got coach Ed Cooley, and he is easily the nicest person I have ever met in sports. He asked if I wanted him to put my name on it, which normally wouldn't be a good thing, but I was planning on keeping the photo anyway, and he was really cool:

I was also able to get one of PC's best players, Vincent Council, before the game:

I waited after the game, and was able to get a few more guys, all were very nice:
LaDontae Henton:

Lee Goldsbrough:
Chris Carter, who went to high school at Shepherd Hill, which is 20 minutes from me:

I saved this for the end, but my dad and I had arrived to the game really early because it was my first game there, and his first in years. We ended up talking to an older man who hasn't missed a single game since I believe '56 or '57. He was full of stories, and eventually pointed out former Providence College star, and NBA player, Joe Hassett to me.
I didn't end up getting any Louisville autos unfortunately. Deion Branch was also at the game, but I didn't try for him. Kind of regret that now, but overall an okay night.

I also got a picture with Vincent Council, but it is blurry.


Total autographs for 2012: 6
My goal for this year is to get 500-600 graphs, in 2011 I got over 380. My next definite event is Uconn next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment