Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a Little About My Collection

Now that the blog's traffic has  really picking up over the past few months, I'd like to talk about my collection a little more. As many of you may know, I have collected baseball autographs since I started the hobby, but have recently started to graph basketball as well. If I have one main project I am working on, I would say that it would be my "Red Sox Signed Baseball Collection". I believe I currently have 54 or so signed baseballs of guys who have played for the Sox. The rest of my collection contains over 100 more signed baseballs, highlighted by the likes of Ryne Sandberg, Rod Carew, Frank Howard, and Al Kaline.

For basketball, I mainly collect Uconn players' signatures, but have also recently started Providence College, and certain players/coaches on visiting teams that come through.

During baseball season, I offer 50/50s for mainly the Pawtucket Red Sox. I also offer them for Uconn basketball, but I am currently at capacity for Uconn's top players such as Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb.

People often ask me what I do with my collection. I am open to trading, but I don't very often, and  98% of the time won't sell my autographs, unless it is for a friend, in which case I would probably give it to them anyway. I have always felt that if I sold my autographs, even the extras I obtain, that this would become more of a job rather than a hobby, and something I love to do. I can count on one hand the amount of autographs I have sold, and I prefer to keep it that way.

I enjoy helping other people out with their collections, so if anybody ever wants to 50/50 a player or team, feel free to let me know, and I will see what I can do.

I am creeping up on 1000 views, which is somewhat of a milestone for me. I plan to stick with writing on here for a long time, so keep the views coming. Thanks for reading this everyone, and I can't wait to write more!

Next Event: Wednesday January 18th, Uconn Vs. Cincinnati
Total Autographs for 2012: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment