Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pawtucket Vs. Louisville(Reds) (David Ross, Xander Bogaerts, Billy Hamilton, Jackie Bradley) 8/13/13

I've had some solid 'graphing days this summer, and this was towards the top of them. Lousiville was in town, which meant the Billy Hamilton show was here, and David Ross was rehabbing from his concussion for Pawtucket. On top of those factors, Pawtucket is of course STACKED with other great Red Sox prospects.

David Ross was actually one of the first players that I got. He wasn't talkative at all, but was nice enough to sign a batting practice Official MLB Baseball, and take a photo with me:

 photo DSC02067_zpscb16aa59.jpg


Another great autograph that I got was Xander Bogaerts. He has been a tough get this year, but I am always happy when I can get the Red Sox #1 prospect. He actually signed for everyone today, and I got a photo taken with him as well.

 photo DSC02070_zpsc494167a.jpg

What happened next SHOCKED me. I can't stress enough how difficult Jackie Bradley is compared to last season. It really is night and day. I mean I'm sure he's a nice enough person, but he barely even will mutter a word to autograph collectors anymore. Ohh well, I'm just glad I got him. This may be the first time I have gotten the Red Sox #1 & #2 Prospects in the same day... not quite sure.

 photo DSC02068_zps98b03f68.jpg

I didn't really get much for Pawtucket quantity wise, but the quality was almost as good as it possibly could have been for this team.

Other guys I got were the always fan-friendly, Jose Contreras:

 photo DSC02072_zpsa5da0358.jpg

Chris Carpenter:

 photo DSC02069_zpsb48fe540.jpg

Pedro Beato, who was just sent down from Boston signed 5 for me:
 photo DSC02073_zps2a18cc34.jpg


And, Anthony Carter. For whatever reason, he just kept avoiding me (I have maybe asked him once to sign, so it wasn't that he recognized me. After he signed for 3 people, he started walking towards the door. I then said, "Reallly?" He turned around, signed 1/3 and went in.


 photo DSC02074_zpsef6fe01a.jpg

Anthony Ranaudo wouldn't sign for anyone.


The big target for Louisville was Billy Hamilton, who is the Reds #1 Prospect, and the #18 Overall Prospect in baseball. When he came off the bus, he completely ignored everyone, but luckily a little kid stopped him. He then signed for about half of the people. I got him on a card. I tried for a baseball inside, and he was just being really weird and messing with everyone. He would skip around a ton, then come back, etc. He pretended not to know what the sweet spot was for one kid. Then with me, he held his hand out for me to toss him my ball, then he let it hit the dirt on purpose. I would have been BEYOND pissed off if it was a brand new ball, but thankfully it was only an already rubbed down ball. He threw it  up without signing it.


 photo DSC02076_zpsa1f71b1c.jpg

I was able to get two other Louisville players.

Daniel Corcino:

 photo DSC02079_zps1a3bfc49.jpg

As well as Greg Reynolds (One smudged badly):

 photo DSC02077_zps9665082b.jpg
 photo DSC02078_zps9fff3507.jpg

Overall it was a VERY solid day. I was able to get a Red Sox, and 3 of the top prospects in baseball.

Total Autographs for 2013: 872

No comments:

Post a Comment