Saturday, March 30, 2013

On Karma(Of All Things)

Karma... whether you believe in it or not, always seems to surface down the road.

Last summer... in July I believe. I spent one of my vacation days doing pre game in Pawtucket, not realizing how weird that day would end up.

I had started to bring my camera to games to try and capture video of guys signing, not to use to sell anything, because I don't do that. Without any true reason to take video, other than to share it on this blog to help others see what to expect from certain players, I quickly stopped on that day.

When Lars Anderson drove into McCoy that day, I prepared my camera. Quickly, I realized his father was with him so I figured he would be nicer than usual. There were only TWO people INCLUDING me there that afternoon, and Lars was his usual mean/rude/etc. self to us. If i remember correctly, the other kid was probably a junior high aged kid and had ONE card out to be signed. Here is how it went down:


When I got home that evening, I posted the video to facebook with the caption, "Typical Lars Being an Ass", or something like that.

I had forgotten that I was friends with former Red Sox player Michael Bowden, and Michael actually commented on it ripping me for "using a hidden camera". First of all, the camera is fairly large, and was around my neck, with a light lit on it, second of all, this is a baseball stadium, hundreds of people can have cameras.

Anyway, Michael kept going on to say how good of a guy Lars was, although I had seen differently dozens of times.

One time, I even saw Lars be rude to a mentally challenged gentleman without realizing it. After the man responded, Lars was really thrown aback.

So back to today. Something like 9 months later, Lars has been traded by the Red Sox, traded to the Indians, traded to the Diamondbacks, DFA'd by the Diamondbacks, claimed by the White Sox, DFA'd by the White Sox, claimed by the Blue Jays, and recently was DFA'd by the Blue Jays.

It seems as if the once Red Sox top prospect, is getting the treatment he deserves by the world of baseball.

This entry was not to attack someone who was rude one time to me for asking for an autograph, it was to show that acting like a big shot when you have played less than a dozen games in the majors(at the time), can really come back to bite you in the rear end.

Enjoy the Video. I realize this isn't that bad, but this was probably one of my BETTER experiences with Lars.





No comments:

Post a Comment