Thursday, March 21, 2013

Governor Malloy 3/21/13

Tonight I took the short twenty minute drive to City Hall in Norwich, where Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy was holding a town hall meeting. It was snowing very heavily when I arrived in the city, so I didn't even try for him at all before the event. When I got inside, I scoped out the room and chose the closest seat to the door I thought he would come out of. I got kind of worried because about 30 Norwich police officers were surrounding the stage, but it turned out that they were there to see one of their fellow officers who was injured on duty, be honored by Malloy.

The town hall went for exactly an hour, and when he was about to exit, I stopped him and he was VERY nice. He actually ended up sitting down with me, and had me tell him about myself for a few minutes. I wanted to take a picture with him, but I realized my phone was still turned off from the event, and I had realized while driving, that I had left behind my camera.

Although I don't necessarily agree with things Malloy has done in office, he was a great guy, and I look forward to meeting him again.


 photo Scan0198_zpsb43b8f60.jpg


This is a news report about the event, you can see me a few times, mostly at 1:47:

Total Autographs for 2013:103
 Top Autographs for 2013:
 1)Rudy Giuliani 2)Sonia Sotomayor 3)Branford Marsalis 4)Jeff Bridges, 5)Bob Woodward 


No comments:

Post a Comment