Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Post 6/7/2011

Hello everybody and welcome to my brand new blog. On this blog, I will be talking about different autographs I collect, as well as recent sports news. I live in Connecticut so many of my postings will revolve around New England, but some will expand as well.

Last night when I got home from work I had a very nice surprise waiting for me. A gentleman that my dad works with had given him an autographed basketball for me. The ball was signed by Jim Calhoun along with many of UCONN's players from the mid 90's including Donyell Marshall and Chris Smith. I have always been a huge baseball collector, so a start to my basketball memorabilia collection was very nice.

Later on I had the pleasure to watch the Boston Bruins romp Vancouver in the finals. The final was 8-1 in a Boston scoring frenzy. I hope Horton will be okay after suffering a serious concussion at the hands of Aaron Rome. Rome was very deservingly suspended for the remainder of the cup.

Finally, I would like to give shout outs to UCONN baseball star Matt Barnes who was drafted by the Red Sox last night. He is a Connecticut native so this was very cool for me; and Massachusets High School star Tyler Beede who was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays, who lives very close to me.

Thank you for reading my new blog and be sure to leave a comment!

1 comment: