Saturday, December 20, 2014

Patriots Star RB LeGarrette Blount 12/15/14

During a recent conversation with a 'graphing friend, he told me that nearly every week during the football season there is a radio show in Massachusetts on which many Patriots players appear throughout the season. Luckily for me, my first time going was going to be a great episode, as Patriots star, LeGarrette Blount would be appearing on the show.

The event is billed as you can get the giveaway photo that the player signs during the show, but no outside items. Obviously I was still going to try because, well, I'm a 'grapher, and I love the chase. 

Anyway, I got there pretty early because I had never been, and I ended up talking to a super nice gentleman who was setting up that happened to be an employee of the store the event was being held at. He ended up finding some photos from previous signings that were not given away, and he was nice enough to give the few of us there a copy. Before the show even started, I had gotten autographs of Ryan Allen and Michael Buchanon, which was super thoughtful of the guy.


 photo 20141220_225824_zpsypcmi0om.jpg
 photo 20141220_225846_zpsdbk9wnka.jpg

A while later, the show got underway, and I was in the front row, so I thought I had a real shot to get LeGarrette to sign my Sports Illustrated and I was right. I was kind of worried however, because my friend had warned me that the guy who runs the show is pretty mean, and well to be frank on a power trip.

So the show ends, and I go right up to LeGarrette as a few others did(They all wanted photos), and he is all smiles. He's loving interacting with everyone which is awesome. I then hand him the Sports Illustrated and he literally had it in his hands with my marker, went to sign it, and the guy running the show ripped it away. I couldn't believe it. It's one thing if the player isn't having a good time and wants to leave, but LeGarrette truly seemed to be having a great time and wanted to take pictures/sign for whoever wanted something and this one guy on a power trip ruined it for everyone. He then rushed him to the back, 15 minutes before his time was even up, and later on someone found a selfie on the guy's facebook with LeGarrette, and he walked out with a stack of about 10 posters signed. Unbelievable.

It is worth noting that there were 30 people in attendance MAX.

I was a little upset that I didn't get my Sports Illustrated signed, but more so because of the way it went down than anything else.

 photo 20141220_225815_zps0dtlcjsd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment