Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2014 Pawtucket Red Sox Christmas Party with Drake Britton & #1 Prospect Blake Swihart

A few Fridays ago was the annual Pawtucket Red Sox Christmas party and while they usually don't bring in very good players to interact with fans, this year was much different. For this year's party it was announced that Red Sox pitcher, Drake Britton, and newly appointed #1 overall Red Sox Prospect, Blake Swihart would be attending.

I had met Britton a number of times in the past, but had surprisingly never met Swihart. I say surprisingly, because usually by the time a Red Sox player has made it to the AAA level I have at least seen them at AA and sometimes even  A. Nonetheless, I was excited for this opportunity.

The event was scheduled for 6 I believe, and I was working in Connecticut til around 5. This wasn't a big deal because it doesn't take too long to get to Pawtucket most times. Unfortunately, I hit rush hour traffic which delayed my arrival, but this wasn't a problem as both players were scheduled to be there until 8.

When I got to the stadium, I first walked into the team store where Blake was at a table greeting fans. He was really great, and signed everything I presented to him. I was really happy to have finally met this player with such a promising future.

After I was done talking to Blake, I walked to the Red Sox clubhouse where Drake was greeting people. He also signed whatever people had, and actually offered to sign the extra photo I had of him before I could even ask him.

This was a great, quick event, with some solid players and I really hope the Pawtucket Red Sox keep bringing players like this in to sign rather than any random players they can get a hold of.

 photo 10849988_10203967387159035_6664807383570766609_n_zpse92ebcd5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment